Living gluten-free is easy; finding good recipes is the challenging part! Here is one of my favorites, so easy and works either as a desert or a side dish.
Ellie’s Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole
• Organic Olive or Coconut Oil Cooking spray
• 3 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
• Kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
• 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mist an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a pot with a large steamer basket in place. Put the sweet potatoes in the basket, cover and steam until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and let cool slightly. Add the honey, egg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the nutmeg, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt; whip with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread the sweet potato mixture in the prepared baking dish.
Mix the brown sugar, pecans and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl; sprinkle over the potatoes. Bake until hot and beginning to brown around the edges, 40 to 45 minutes.
Make sure to follow my blog for weekly recipes and articles, and follow me on social media to stay up on all Ask Sabina news and content.