According to some estheticians and dermatologists, the easiest way to achieve glowing skin that has lasting effects is with food. Eating foods that are low insulin and inflammatory triggers will help de- puff your eyes, help ease dark circles and red eyes, perk up tired, dull looking skin and overall give your skin a refreshed and naturally moister completion.
Dr. Perricone, Yale University School of Medicine, recommends a three-day diet of fish, preferably salmon, for its high omega content that will fuel your skin and plump it up ─ the quick fix to get ready for a special event.
What to try a three-day experiment? Eat only the foods below and let us know if you see the difference.
• Mixed fruits such as cantaloupe, honeydew, apples, oranges, pears and berries
• Eggs ─ poached or omelet’s
• Lots of leafy salad greens, red peppers, broccoli, broccolini, broccoli rabe, kale, spinach, etc. A healthy portion of vegetable should accompany most meals.
• Avoid starchy foods like potatoes and cauliflower.
• Fish anytime is a good food choice. I frequently will eat fresh fish for breakfast ─ no sides, just a piece of fish. Pure Protein is a satisfying way to start the day. It keeps my energy up and hunger at bay for hours.
• White meat chicken
• No alcohol, pasta, rice, red meat, bread, sugary sweet foods and desserts, no salt or very little salt, no canned or prepared foods, no junk food, no soda or fruit juices, no cheeses and keep all dairy to a minimum.
Keep in mind incorporating this way of eating with modification into your daily lifestyle will not only improve your skin, but it will also put your body on a path for healing and good health.
Maybe even put you on track to lose those pounds you’ve wanted to get rid of!
Let us know how you do in the comments below.
Till next time- Sabina.